JULIAN MCMAHON ITALIAN FORUM

Charmed on Fire

« Older   Newer »
dreamy_demon
view post Posted on 18/4/2007, 20:03

Chapter 9

"Finally a peaceful night", Chance thought while he was on his way home at 9 in the morning. The traffic light just switched to red. But something seemed to have taken hold of his body and his foot slammed on the gas. Due to his fast reaction he could avoid a crash. With desperate effort he managed to get back full control of his body.

"Holy shit, what the hell is going on?" he mumbled. Suddenly he felt a burning heat inside; he took a look into the outside mirror and flames showed up in his eyes. Up till now he had been able to regulate this phenomenon. Next his scar began to be aching infernally. Chance usually wasn't an anxious type, but this incident was more than alarming. The only people who could help him now were: the Halliwells.

Paige and Phoebe had just finished jogging and were on their way to the manor. Crossing the street they came near being ran over by a Thunderbird, which stopped soon afterwards with squealing tires in front of their house. "Such a moron", Paige got angry, "he must not have all his marbles." Phoebe got deathly pale, "Paige this is Chance car, something seems to be wrong, very wrong." They ran the few meters up to the house. Chance had already got out and sat on the topmost stairs doubled up with pain in front of the entrance.

"Chance what's the matter?" Phoebe cried breathless and wanted to touch him. "Don't do that", he yelled at her hysterically and raised his head, there she saw the flames, which blazed in his eyes, "don't dare touching me", his voice became one whisper, "I don't have any clue what the fuck is going on. You must help me, please!" "Come on in Chance", Paige said and nervously plied with the front-door key. Piper had gone to the P3 pretty early this morning, to prepare everything for a nightly gig of the Cranberries.

Chance staggered into the living room and dropped on the couch. The flames in his eyes had disappeared. "Please could you bring me a glass of water? I'm dying of thirst", he asked exhausted. Paige hurried into the kitchen. Phoebe sat down next to him, "tell me what happened." He shook his head, "if only I knew. It had started just before when I was on my way home after the nightshift. Something seemed to take possession of my body."

"Here you are", Paige put the glass into his hand. A hissing noise arose. Then the water began to boil, bubbled more and more up until the glass finally shattered into pieces. Phoebe and Paige went into cover automatically. The deep cuts which Chance had suffered by the splinters were disappearing currently. He stared at the sisters horrified. "I think it has begun", Phoebe said to Paige. "We should call Leo", Paige decided. "Leo", they cried in a choir. He soon afterwards appeared with Wyatt on his arm.

"What has begun?" Chance was close to loosing his mind. "You haven't told it to him yet?" Leo asked. The sister shook their heads, "no, we didn't find the time", Phoebe said. She then summarized the events of the last fifteen minutes for Leo briefly. "Damned, could you stop talking about me as if I wasn't here", Chance cut them short. He was a nervous wreck.

Leo seized the word and told Chance about his "condition". "Great, I will die anyway, so the efforts of the gypsy where for nothing finally" "No Chance", Phoebe looked him tenderly into the eyes, "not if we can prevent it. You don't have to get through this alone, we have the power of three and we will help you ", Paige supported her sister. “Leo, can we slow this process down somehow?" Phoebe asked. Leo thought it over, "possibly with an elixir and an appropriate magic spell.”

Paige had already fetched her notes and leafed through it. Chance cracked without any warning, cried like an animal and tore his shirt apart. His scar seemed to become bigger and caused unbearable pains. Leo put Wyatt down on the ground and rushed to Chance for help with his healing power. A flame blazed up, however, from the scar and flung Leo to the ground.

In this very moment Wyatt set up his protective shield. Three of the Fire-Hooters materialized. "You can't defeat us", they spoke with frightening voices, "Chance Flint belongs to us, his soul is promised to us. Abandon him or your souls will be suffering in the hell dimension forever." Then they dematerialized. Wyatt put his shield down.

Paige ran to Leo. Thank God he was fine. He bobbed up. Unconscious and dripping with sweat Chance lay on the floor, face down. His scar had shrunk to normal size his breath was steady and quiet. "I think for now he has come over it", Leo meant, "they seem to have retreated." "We can’t leave him alone, under any circumstances", Paige stated.

"Leo orb him up into my room", Phoebe said definitely, "hurry Paige we have to brew an elixir and to find a proper spell. Probably Piper could help us. You could orb to the club and get her." Wyatt sat, still a little disturbed, on the carpet. Phoebe took him tenderly into her arms, "come on brave little man, we'll take care that those monsters will disappear from Chance forever." Wyatt hugged her and gave her a big wet smooch.

Leo had taken care very well about Chance and put him into bed. "Listen Phoebe, you should activate the demon trap as soon as possible, then they won’t be able to come and go at their leisure. It could possibly block also their influence on Chance. I have to go, they call for me. I take Wyatt with me." She put Wyatt into his arms and father and son orbed away.

Finally Phoebe found time to catch breath. She was alone with Chance. Carefully she sat down on the edge of the bed and looked at his face. He was Cole's image, he still captivated her. Gently she stroke over his face, it was the first time that she touched him without having a vision. Then she stroke further over his naked shoulder and his chest. His thorax lifted and sank regularly.

Although she knew that it was not Cole who lay in front of her, she thought, "God, how I've missed touching you." She knew the thought was ridiculous; she simply, however, couldn't help. Then she bent over him and kissed him tenderly. She was totally confused when Chance returned it. The kiss lasted for a minute until they withdrew from each other. Phoebe stared at him with glassy eyes, "how long are you already awake?" her voice was full of tenderness.

"Since you sat down", he replied dully, "I was curious, how far you would go", his eyes got a mischievous expression, "I knew that the kiss you gave to me in my apartment wasn't a mistake" Phoebe felt caught and blushed, "I, I'm sorry." "There's no need to", he said and attracted her once again. Phoebe closed the eyes and let it happen. Had she once more bartered for a "fatal attraction"?

Ciao a tutti, greetings from Vienna
dreamy_demon :altalena: :hurrah: :yahoo:

accipippi
view post Posted on 19/4/2007, 10:23

Thanks Dreamy , the new Chapter is fantastic :clap: :clap: :clap: :ok:

dreamy_demon
view post Posted on 7/5/2007, 19:29

Mille gracie accipippi, here's the latest:

Chapter 10

"Hello Phoebe, we're back again!" Paige shouted. "I don't care", she replied, without withdrawing from Chance. "Phoebe where are you?" Piper shouted and opened the door to her sister's room. She froze at once and Paige ran into her. "What the hell is going on in here?" Piper asked stunned. Paige stretched for better sight and took a glimpse on Phoebe and Chance, "Phoebe, how could you? It's not right savaging Chance."

"But I...", Phoebe tried to explain, she imploringly looked to Chance but he decided to play "Sleeping Beauty". "That's ridiculous", Piper said, "taking advantage of Chance state." "But, but...", Phoebe felt like a fish by opening and closing her mouth again and again. "Come on, we've got a lot of work", Paige shouted at her sisters. Piper and Phoebe decided to follow her.

Passing by Chance Phoebe pinched him hard into his arm. Carefully he opened one eye and said silently: "Ouch!" Phoebe looked at him contemptuously and left the room. There he lay, staring at the ceiling but nevertheless in good mood. Phoebe Halliwell took a shine on him and he appreciated it very much.

The hell dimension was a whirl of excitement. Ansuz the leader of the Fire-Hooters reported to the creature which was about entering the upper world. The creature looked like being made of viscously blazing hot glass. Ansuz image was mirrored in it. "These aren't good news at all Ansuz", the fire creature raged, "you shouldn't underestimate the Power of Three. As long as he's protected by the witches it'll be very hard to expand my reach of power." "But it isn't impossible Master", Ansuz said obsequiously.

"You're right, but we must change our plans a little, it would suffice to get hold of one of the three witches", the creature meant. "What about their Whitelighter? He seemed pretty powerful, too. Cause he was able to heal Chance's wounds." "I know, Ansuz I know. This is your entire fault. At that time, the gypsy has known exactly, in which body he has to transfer Chance' soul to be well protected; you ought to have prevented this. Now get out of my way, I must regain some energy and think about the last hours."

When Chance came into the kitchen, the sisters just were about to complete the elixir. Paige had already scribbled a magic spell on a piece of paper. Chance was very impressed, "hardly I'm resting for a couple of hours", he teased them, "you're starting up your demon destruction machinery." "How are you Chance?" Piper wanted to know. "At the moment I'm fine", he replied. "And did you survive Phoebe's attack without any bruises?" Paige smirked.

Chance acted surprised, "what attack, I've absolutely no clue what you're talking about." He winked at Phoebe. She tried a sulking look but failed miserably. "Paige did you activate the demon's trap?" Piper asked. "Yes, the whole house is protected; they will get problems for certain if they start another try." While Phoebe and Chance were exchanging secret looks with each other Piper filled the elixir into a tiny bottle. The liquid had the colour of an emerald.

"I would suggest, we go onto the attic", Piper said resolutely. They followed her. Chance had the feeling being part of his own execution. Not that he was doubting sister's ability; he just wished to be in the shoes of someone else. Arriving at the attic the sisters lined up opposite Chance. Piper gave him the bottle and asked him to drink. Sceptically he held it against the light and examined the liquid, "could anyone tell me what's in it?"

"Trust me, you don't want to know that", Paige replied. "Go ahead Chance, drink it, it’ll slow down the process at least long enough until we know exactly what to do", Phoebe said, "hopefully." Chance opened the bottle and smelled at the liquid, it somehow smelled of pistachios. "Mmmhh, it smells good." "Who has told you that an elixir has to have a bad taste?" Paige meant. Chance closed the eyes and emptied the bottle at one gulp.

At the same time the sisters spoke the spell: We invoke you demons which came from the fire leave this body cause it's not yours. The Power of Three refuses access to his soul and mind so you won’t be able to use the power you find. Trying to burn anything else will be in vain, go back to the hell dimension were you belong again. While they permanently repeated the spell Chance felt his innermost turning to the outsight.

He suddenly was in flames and he yelled with an inhuman voice. For Chance it seemed the whole procedure lasted for hours but it even didn't take a minute. All in all Phoebe counted three demons who got out of Chance' body. They were destroyed by the demon trap at once. After the end of the procedure Chance fell on the knees totally exhausted.

The sisters rushed to him, "are you okay?" Phoebe asked worried. "I'm feeling better", Chance said weak, "much better. Finally it feels like I regained the control over my body." His scar, there was no pain on his shoulder; he hectically tore on the shirt. The scar was gone. He was so happy, as never in his life before. "It's gone, look the scar is no longer there", he yelled. Tears of release ran down his cheeks.

He hugged the sister, "I'm so thankful you have absolutely no idea what this means to me." Phoebe got even a kiss. Piper and Paige looked at them surprised. They were delirious until Leo and Wyatt orbed onto the attic. "We have freed Chance from the Fire-Hooters", Piper said happily and kissed her husband. "I know", Leo said, "a small step in the right direction." "What do you mean by saying "a small step"?" Chance went into it.

"It means that this unknown creature from the hell dimension will find another way into our world. And you're still the key." Horrified faces looked at Leo. "Don't tell us that this was for nothing like Chance' unbearable pains", Paige said enraged. "No, I just told you that it was a step into the right direction", Leo defended himself.

Phoebe cuddled close to Chance, "could you finally stop talking in riddles, please?" Piper agreed, "let us know what else you were told by the Elders." Leo put Wyatt into Piper's arms. Happily he felled round her neck and gave her a wet smooch than he said: "Mummy" and grinned. "Yes my little man, I'm right here", she hugged him, too and he squeaked.

Leo sighed, "The old gypsy has chosen this body for a certain reason, that's what we found out by now. As he has died a few years ago we won’t be able questioning him why he has acted this way. Did he never mention his reasons to you?" he asked Chance. "No, I'm sorry. The only thing I know is that the boy's soul was possessed, however, and there was nothing they could do to save him. Therefore they did the transfer."

"If I understand aright", Paige concluded, "the upcoming event is not just part of Chance' soul, it's also a part of his body?" Leo nodded. Phoebe followed Paige’s train of thoughts, "it then definitely would be possible that his exterior, lets call it Cole's doppelganger, isn't just pure chance." She looked into Chance' eyes sadly. tbc

:hurrah: :hug: :fiori: :sea:
dreamy_demon

accipippi
view post Posted on 8/5/2007, 14:05

Thanks Dreamy, i was waiting for it :yahoo: It became more and more interesting and involving :hug:

dreamy_demon
view post Posted on 3/6/2007, 22:38

accipippi thank you for your patience on we go with the next chapter:

Chapter 11

Three days had passed now since "his liberation". Chance felt like a new person. According to Leo the fight wasn't over yet, but he trusted fully on the sisters and on his if also modest abilities. And he would meet Phoebe tonight. He looked forward to it particularly. All this crossed his mind while he and his team were on their way to another rescue mission. It was a serious car accident.

When they arrived on the spot, they expected a real battlefield. Five cars were crashed from unknown reason. When Chance and his team dropped out of the car some Doctors and paramedics were already there. "Hi my name is Chance Flint. I'm the officer-in-charge", he told on of the doctors. "Good morning Mr. Flint. We will soon have reinforcements here. It looks the worst for the 3 people over there", the doctor explained to him.

Two vehicles were wedged so that one only could free the passengers with cutting torches from the wrecks. "Thanks doc, we take care about this immediately, any other specific problems?" "No", the doctor replied and was just right on his way back to the victims. Chance checked back with one of his rescue experts, "what do you think Kev?" "I would suggest we get to work on the left car first and cut the roof with the hydraulic tongs cause there's no risk of spraying sparks. We take it from there."

Chance gripped thoughtfully at his chin, "I fear we completely won't get by without cutting torches, however. We must hella watch the shower of sparks there." The squad went to work. For safety reasons the remaining men still put a carpet from extinguishing foam. It smelled strong after gasoline and therefore remained highest danger of explosion. All this wouldn't help Chance pretty much cause in this place demonic powers were collaborating.

They had freed two people from the left vehicle and got down to save the last victim. Chance stood alone at the car, there were difficulties with the recovery tool and it had to be checked briefly. He spoke calming on the victim, a young man, "listen, we take care of you, we get you out as soon as possible." Chance didn't know whether he could hear him or not, his body seemed completely lifeless and strangely twisted.

He had hardly end his words, when he heard a cynical laughter and the head of the victim turned about one-eighty and looked right at him with totally black eyes. "You cannot help me and you cannot help yourself any more either", this was no human voice but that one of a demon and caused Chance goose-bumps presently. "Finally leave me alone", he yelled, "get out of my live." The demon spoke on, "we won't do that, nobody can stop us, not even your little girlfriends, the Power of Three."

Chance team had repaired the recovery device, when they heard him shouting, "go away damned son of a bitch." Since none of them had an idea, they looked questioningly to him, "everything’s okay Chance, do you need some help?" Kev shouted. Instead of an answer there was a huge explosion and Chance was enclosed by a gigantic ball of fire currently. He had thrown himself to the ground instinctively and normally this explosion had killed him for sure. The evil powers had other plans.

Chance had pressed the eyes together tightly and waited for something. Pain, heat, a shockwave but none of this happened. Instead he heard the resounding laughter of another demon. "Welcome in my world, Chance Flint. Brave Fire-fighter. Hahahahahahaha." He carefully opened the eyes. He was in the same position on the ground like seconds ago. But he was no longer on earth. "Where, where am I?" he asked stunned. "On the court yard to hell my friend."

Chance pulled himself together so he was able to look into the face of his opponent. There was no one except that creature, which was consisting of hot, liquid glass or looked like it. Chance only saw a distorted reflection of himself. The communication proceeded about telepathy. "Down here the Power of Three can't help you. What still is the only thing between us, is your body, a splendid body. You are really his perfect copy."

Chance felt terribly hot. He threw his helmet aside and tore the jacket off his body. "Thank you I already knew that I look like Cole Turner." "We called him Belthazor. Once a powerful demon weakened by his human alter ego and his love for Phoebe Halliwell." "Very interesting", Chance thought impatiently, "but I don't think you kidnapped me to tell stories about Cole's and Belthazor's past. Or do you suffer from a lack of interlocutors?" "His sarcasm also is in you, concealed only deeply within."

Chance wrinkled his forehead, "Who or what else is still inside of me? Actually I should already be in a bughouse and suffer from multiple personality." The creature laughed, "a large amount of Belthazor's energy was lost at the soul transfer, but still some of it is there inside." A fiery finger broke loose from the creature and pointed at Chance' heart. "You have never made the effort, however, to listen to it and to explore this special nature. Up till now you were far too busy with your revenge to the Fire-Hooters."

"Oh no, that's not true. What would you have done if you had been in my shoes? I had the doubtful pleasure watching my parents die and almost died myself." Chance wiped over his forehead with the back of the hand, the heat was almost unbearable, "I guess we had a great time together", he snapped at the creature, "now spit out what you want from me." "You, I want you or better your body and what's left of Belthazor inside. I then can extend my power area."

"And why don't you simply take what you want", Chance mocked. "Because your body works as a tank and I cannot penetrate it." “And now I shall falter a little so you can easily take possession of me. How stupid do you think I am?" "I suggest you a deal", the creature replied, "look." Chance reflection had disappeared all at once and he saw the ailing souls of his parents and also Elias.

"End their suffering once and for all. Only you can do that." "Mum, dad, Elias", Chance was shaken deeply, "why are you torturing them, they have done nothing to you", he yelled. "Your father has sold himself and his family to the Fire-Hooters. If we had got your soul, this would have been a deep hit for the powers of the good one. They had big plans with you. But no, I shouldn't have relied on Ansuz, serves him right, being vanquished by the Power of Three", the creature spoke with an angry voice.

"Your father protected you by a spell and the gypsy", a resounding laughter clanged, "the good ole gypsy put your good soul consciously into a body, which was devoted and promised to the evil. Isn't it ironic?" Chance had trouble to follow the creature's trains of thought, "but I wasn't evil, quite the opposite, since that time I have fought desperately to destroy the Fire-Hooters and everything that's in connection to them."

"All you have to do Chance, is listen to the dark voice of your heart, get involved with it, this is the only way to save your loved ones." He showed him the picture of suffering again. "No, oh no, I won't do that for sure." Chance struggled for composure. "I admit, your offer is enticing but I am convinced to be able to defeat you also differently." His pulse quickened.

"And, if it must be, I destroy this damned body", he furiously beat himself on the chest, "even if it means my end. I cannot save my parents and Elias but I can refuse you the access to our world for ever and saving millions of other lives with that." "How heroic", the creature barked, "you can't destroy Belthazor's human shell." "I can't but the witches had done it before."

"No, cause Belthazor was half human and half demon. You're special; you're a chimera, a mixture from good and evil. You're unique. It rests on you only to decide for one or two." Chance was more confused than ever, "then Belthazor was my father?" "No", the demon replied, "this would be too easy."

Phoebe already waited impatiently in front of Chance house. He was overdue for an hour and reacted neither on the doorbell nor on her calls. She was about to leave in anger, when Morris car stopped next to her and he jumped out. "Hi Phoebe, glad I found you." Surprised she looked into Morris face, "I had an appointment with Chance."

Morris took her gently at the shoulders, "Phoebe I have to tell you something." Full of fear she looked at him. "Chance won't come. He was taking part on a rescue mission and there was a huge explosion." "Jesus", she was close to a collapse, tears got into her eyes, "is he dead?" her voice broke. "We have absolutely no clue, nobody knows what really happened. He disappeared, vanished from the face of earth." tbc

Hope you enjoy it furthermore.

:altalena: :angel: :diav:
dreamy_demon :hug: :hurrah: :coppia:

accipippi
view post Posted on 4/6/2007, 10:47

:spavento: :spavento: :spavento:

it's come more and more involving :ok: Thanks Dreamy :fiori:

20 replies since 30/1/2007, 22:47   880 views