JULIAN MCMAHON ITALIAN FORUM

Premonition Recensioni (spoiler), recensioni sul film dai media internazionali - può contenere spoiler

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 15/1/2007, 01:21

Half Demon Girl

Group:
Administrator

Non pensavo di aprire così presto questo topic, ma qualcuno ha già visto il film in anteprima... :o:
I commenti non rivelano i colpi di scena nè come va a finire la storia, tuttavia la recensione in sè può influenzare la visione del film, quindi valutate se volete leggere ugualmente...

Questa è la recensione da Ain't It Cool News che ha visto il film presentato in anteprima all'AFM

CITAZIONE
Quint has seen that Sandra Bullock supernatural thriller
PREMONITION, not out until March '07!!!

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a review of the upcoming Sandra Bullock supernatural thriller called PREMONITION. The film doesn't come out until March 2007, but the cut I saw at AFM seemed 100% finished.

I'm starting to get tired of this new fad... There's DEJA VU, there's this film and there's that Taye Diggs TV show that all have elements of this **** that worked great in GROUNDHOG DAY and FREQUENCY, but seems to be sloppily handled these days. In PREMONITION Sandra Bullock plays a housewife who wakes up one morning and has an average day. She takes the kids to school, she does laundry, cleans the house... then gets a sheriff at the door telling her that her husband (Julian McMahon) was killed in a bad car accident.

She mourns, has her horrible day, obviously, and goes to sleep. She wakes up and her husband is alive! She somehow wakes up earlier in the week (which she said she didn't remember any of, by the way) and knows he's going to die. Every time she goes to sleep she jumps from before her husband's death to after his death, alternating.

Alright, interesting idea. But the way they tell this story is both frustrating and deadly slow. The pacing is horrible. The whole film moves at a snail's pace, even the big climax of the film. The frustrating part comes with Bullock's character's approach to this story. She literally sits back and does nothing to convince anyone she knows her husband is going to die. She just keep saying, "Something's wrong... this is wrong... something's wrong."

She has no memory of these days she misses until she revisits them in this supernatural way, so it gets really frustrating to watch her character see signs that lead to bad things she KNOWS are going to happen, but then completely sets them up... knowing that by setting them up, she's putting herself through hell in the future. For example, she sees a psychiatrist (played by the always dependable Peter Stormare) and, knowing that he won't believe her and cart her off to a nut house in the future, tells him all the time jumping she's doing.

On top of all that, the script asks you to buy the conceit that she can jump backwards and forwards in time, but refuses to adhere to any of its own rules. When it begins, she hears about her husband's death on a Thursday, he died on Wednesday (she only hears on Thursday to make a big plot point make sense). When she wakes up in the past, she wakes up on Monday. The next time she wakes up in the past, it's Tuesday. You see a progression, a pattern, and expect them to stick to it. That gives the film a sort of "running-out-of-time" quality, makes every decision Bullock's character makes more and more pressing. You know, good drama.

But they don't stick to that. They jump around, go back to Sunday, for example, just so Bullock can learn a plot point, involving McMahon's pretty co-worker, at that specific point in the movie.

The acting is solid throughout, if uninspired. Bullock's character is frustrating, but she plays the confused, conflicted housewife well. McMahon is good as her husband... certainly worlds better here than in FANTASTIC FOUR. Peter Stormare is only around for a few scenes, but it's always good to see him again. The cinematography is good. The music and music selection is... well, a Sandra Bullock movie music selection.

The ending is really strong and there's a moment involving a tipped casket in the middle of the movie that really made me sit up and go, "Well, this movie might be alright afterall..." but those two moments aren't worth seeking the movie out for. It's completely inoffensive, just dull and bland.

I'm still off work until this weekend, but I had a few AFM reviews already written up, so look out for a couple more to hit in the next couple of days, including a Lionsgate flick that is one of my favorites of the year!

-Quint
[email protected]

Fonte: Aintitcool

(grazie a Seymour per la segnalazione)

L'articolo è un pò troppo lungo perchè io riesca a tradurlo, mi limito al punto relativo alla critica del film

SPOILER (click to view)
Quint dice in sostanza che la trama è buona e l'idea di base è interessante... ma che il film è troppo lento e frustrante...
La pellicola intera si muove a passo di lumaca, persino il punto culminante della pellicola. La parte frustante è data dal carattere della Bullock nella storia. Si siede letteralmente a pensare e non fa niente per convincere gli altri che sa che il marito sta per morire. Continua solo a dire, “qualcosa è sbagliato... questo è sbagliato... qualcosa è sbagliato..."
Il suo carattere è frustrante, cmq la Bullock interpreta bene il personaggio della casalinga confusa e in conflitto.
McMahon è bravo nel ruolo del marito, certamente migliore qui che nei Fantastici Quattro.
La cinematografia e le musiche sono buone.
La conclusione è realmente forte e c'è un momento clou nel mezzo del film che ha indotto Quint a pensare che questo film dopotutto è buono... ma quei due momenti da soli non bastano.

Il giudizio su Julian è buono, ma mi preoccupa il giudizio sul film... come fa un thriller ad andare a passo di lumaca?
E la critica sul carattere della Bullock, se è davvero come dice, è condivisibile :wacko:

Beh, staremo a vedere :)

Edited by Cole my love - 16/1/2007, 00:24

website  Top
lovecole
view post Posted on 15/1/2007, 02:27

Qualcuno ha già visto il film :o: ? Che fortunaccia. :D

Grazie Colemy per la recensione, io però non l'ho letta, non voglio farmi influenzare e non voglio sapere più nulla riguardo alla trama. :)
Resistoooo.

Pandora Turner
view post Posted on 15/1/2007, 08:44

Io come sempre non resisto........

Sibillay
view post Posted on 15/1/2007, 16:31

SPOILER (click to view)
Magari quel tipo si aspettava qualcosa di più movimentato, ma non è detto che il film sia davvero così lento...
comunque sia non vedo l'ora di vederlo, poi valuteremo noi :D

accipippi
view post Posted on 15/1/2007, 17:01

Stavolta visto che e' un thriller resisto anch'io!!! :B):

Pandora Turner
view post Posted on 16/1/2007, 08:42

Vedremo se resisterete fino a marzo....

accipippi
view post Posted on 16/1/2007, 10:19

E' dura! Ma ci provero' :P

Yulianna
view post Posted on 16/1/2007, 17:42

ho letto per curiosità ma non gli dò molto credito, mi pare strano...

naranja
view post Posted on 16/1/2007, 19:13

In ogni caso il parere su Julian è sempre sempre positivo :ok:

lovecole
view post Posted on 17/1/2007, 00:53

Io resisterò, tengo troppo a questo film per rischiare di rovinarmi la sorpresa. :D

Pandora Turner
view post Posted on 17/1/2007, 08:39

Speriamo solo che sia meglio di certi film usciti di recente.....che delusioni!!!!!!!

accipippi
view post Posted on 17/1/2007, 14:26

CITAZIONE (Pandora Turner @ 17/1/2007, 08:39)
Speriamo solo che sia meglio di certi film usciti di recente.....che delusioni!!!!!!!

Dai solo per il fatto che c'e' Julian e' gia meglio ;)

Pandora Turner
view post Posted on 18/1/2007, 08:52

Hai ragione accipippi.... peccato per gli altri è un periodo di grande carenza per dei film belli...spero che quello di Muccino e Willl sia degno dell'attesa

azzurra turner
view post Posted on 18/1/2007, 22:35

a pareri mio, meglio lento che troppo veloce xD
la bullock sarà pure noiosa e stressante, ma se julian è meglio qui che nei f4 me la sorbisco molto volentieri!! ^____^

accipippi
view post Posted on 19/1/2007, 14:35

CITAZIONE (azzurra turner @ 18/1/2007, 22:35)
a pareri mio, meglio lento che troppo veloce xD
la bullock sarà pure noiosa e stressante, ma se julian è meglio qui che nei f4 me la sorbisco molto volentieri!! ^____^

Anch'io :wub: :woot:

73 replies since 15/1/2007, 01:21   2432 views