JULIAN MCMAHON ITALIAN FORUM

Premonition interviste, Interviste di solo testo senza foto o video

« Older   Newer »
lovecole
view post Posted on 10/3/2007, 16:29

Ci sono tre articoli su Premonition......
(grazie a Onlooker) :fiori:

Questa è un'intervista a Julian dal Arizona Daily Wildcat (College Publisher Network).
CITAZIONE
'Nip/Tuck' star plays dark character in 'Premonition'
By: Tessa Strasser
Issue date: 3/8/07 Section: WildLife

Julian McMahon's most famous for playing plastic surgeon Christian Troy in "Nip/Tuck." His latest role in thriller "Premonition" allows him to stop examining women's breasts - except for co-star Sandra Bullock's, that is. McMahon talks to us in a conference call about his attraction to darker roles, playing Bullock's husband, and why "Premonition" will still give you warm fuzzy feelings.

Wildcat: Do you enjoy more dark or off-center roles - not the totally normal guy roles?

Julian McMahon: Yes, definitely. I'm always attracted to something that is a little kind of skewed, a little kind of off. But I like those characters that are a little more extraordinary than just everyday life. That's what I kind of like playing, and that's what I seem to have spent most of my career doing.

W: What's the transition like for you, from TV to film and back and forth? What do you enjoy more?

JM: "Nip/Tuck," it's definitely a consistent grind. It's a lot of hard work. We're doing a seven-day work week, which means we have to get the episode in with seven days. We have mountains and mountains of dialogue, and it's all very emotional. So you can't just walk through it.

And then film - it depends on the film. The only thing about film is usually you just have a lot more time. I mean, "Fantastic Four" is a little ridiculous. You could do like two-eighths of a page a day and you're happy with it. On the "Premonition" movie, you do maybe a page or two a day, but it's still nothing compared to 10, 12 pages. The capacity of work is very different. They're both fun, but at the same time, they are different beasts.

W: What were the challenges of filming such a psychological role?

JM: I think that all roles are psychological. Just because it's been tagged as a psychological thriller doesn't mean that it's any more psychological for the actors than it would be when you're playing other roles. I think all roles are psychologically involved. I mean, that's the whole idea of an actor, is to look at a piece and kind of interpret it in your own way and evaluate it psychologically and emotionally and thoughtfully, and then come up with a character that is different from yourself.

W: How was working with Sandra Bullock?

JM: It's wonderful. She's everything you expect from what we've seen over many years, and she's more. She really is a pretty extraordinary woman.

W: What did you guys do to develop chemistry?

JM: Absolutely nothing. It just comes or it doesn't, you know? I feel like I have chemistry with anything. But then you've got somebody like Sandy, and you've got two personalities which just kind of play off each other. You can talk for hours and you can have a laugh, and you get each other's sensibilities and understandings, and you kind of connect. And I think that's where chemistry comes from, and it can't be manufactured.

W: What do you hope audiences come away feeling or contemplating after seeing "Premonition"?

JM: If you could walk away from that movie feeling like - it's that whole appreciate - just appreciate what you have a little bit. I think that that is really an important message. Stop looking over there and just look at what's right in front of you, and if you can, take a moment to appreciate what you have, because it's important.

Arizona Daily

Questa invece è un'intervista a Sandra Bullock.
CITAZIONE
Bullock weathers Premonition's strange days
Movies Features By Ian Caddell
Publish Date: March 8, 2007

LOS ANGELES—Sandra Bullock may appear to be living the American dream. In addition to being a movie star who produces her own films and those of others, she is also married with three stepchildren. She began to question the validity of the American dream, however, while reading a script for a film about a woman named Linda who assumes she has been living it until she has regular nightmares about the death of her husband. The film, entitled Premonition, opens next Friday (March 16) in Vancouver.

“I think this film shatters the idea of the American dream,” she says in a Los Angeles hotel's interview room. “I think the American dream can become a nightmare because it doesn't fit everyone. Then, when it is too late you think ‘Why didn't I do something differently?' When she discovers that she may be able to change the outcome of her life she has to think ‘Do I want to go back and make things different given that they still might not turn out the way I want?' I think that there are so many wonderful things in America, but everyone's dream should be unique to themselves. If you stick to the traditional American dream and get a house and two kids, then you assume that success is monetary success. That may shatter most people because they have locked themselves in a corner.”

In the film, Bullock's character returns from taking her children to school and hears a cryptic message from her husband (Julian McMahon) who is on his way to a sales meeting. A few hours later, a police officer comes to the door and says her husband was killed in a car crash. After telling the children about the accident and calling her mother to help her with them, she goes to bed assuming that she is a widow. When she awakes, her husband is back in bed beside her and has yet to go to his meeting. She begs him to stay, but when he leaves she gets on with her day. At the end of it, she goes back to bed. When she wakes up, the sink is filled with the mood-stabilizing drug lithium, it is several days later and her house is filled with people on their way to her husband's funeral.

Bullock says that while shooting any film can be difficult because the scenes are inevitably going to be done out of order, there is something particularly challenging about a film that leapfrogs days and then keeps returning to the beginning of the story. “I had the hardest time I have ever had working on a film,” she says. “Everyone involved in a film knows you are going to shoot the film out of sequence so you have to understand you are shooting the end at the beginning and the middle in the end and you have to go back to see what happened before you shoot a scene. In this film the character's days are out of order! Then you have to get to an emotional state of grief every hour of the day every day for three months. To make things worse, we were in Shreveport [Louisiana] with no direct flights home to Los Angeles. All I could do was trust the director [Mennan Yapo] because he knew where I was supposed to be at any time. But it was so hard on me that I didn't work for a year after that.”

Taking a vacation from acting is not always the best career move, but Bullock says that she really doesn't care about career planning. She says that her career has had so many ups and downs since she became a star with the 1994 film Speed, she has given up trying to take control of it or her stature in Hollywood.

“I could give a **** about my stature,” she says. “My stature has been knocked off the pedestal many times. If your movies don't perform the way they are expected to perform your stature is automatically knocked down a peg whether you like it or not. I couldn't control whether people liked me in the beginning so I won't be able to control whether they like me in the end. At some point you have this great epiphany where you think ‘Why don't I do what I want and try to read as little [about myself] as possible and get my feelings hurt as little as possible and just do what my gut tells me is the right thing to do?' The truth is that we [actors] could all eventually be replaced by video graphics and holograms so you can't worry about it [your career] because you will lose your mind.”

Straight.com

L'ultima intervista del Sun News è sempre a Sandra ma con un inserto dedicato a Julian che metto alla fine :), sottolineo inoltre le parti in cui lei parla di Julian.
CITAZIONE
Romance, suspense fuel Bullock's 'Premonition'

March 8, 2007

Linda Hanson's seemingly perfect life gets pretty much destroyed with news of her husband's death in a monumental car crash. Or, does it?

After all, when Linda wakes up the next day, Jim Hanson is perfectly alive and well. Or, is he? Was it all just a "Premonition"?

Find out when the psychological thriller opens everywhere on March 16. For now, superstar Sandra Bullock answers five questions about her new film and some other stuff in her rich and famous life.

After "The Lake House" and now this, do you have an affinity for time-travel stories?

No, those were completely different scripts that were really good. That was a love story with parallel times that were different; this was a beautifully written thriller that actually had bigger meaning and incredible depth. It was also an incredibly complicated film, which I don't think is made a lot.

Do you think this is a love story as well?

Oh, absolutely, it's a love story, but I think (director) Mennan Yapo says it so beautifully. We're shattering the American dream. I think the American dream becomes a nightmare because it doesn't fit everyone, which is one of those things several people have encountered in life. When it's too late is when you think, "Why didn't I do something to make life better? What could I have done different?" In Linda's situation, it's "Do I want to go back and try and make things different, given that they might not turn out or I might not be wanted?"

Do you think you're more influenced by the American dream, having grown up here, or do you see that you stand on the outside of it because you're also European?

That's a really hard question to answer. There are so many wonderful things in America. I take and enjoy what I take and enjoy.

I think everyone's dream is and should be unique to themselves. I think that if you try to squeeze yourself into that whole thing of get a house, marriage, two kids, success equals monetary success . . . I think that it'll shatter most people because you've locked yourself in a corner.

I don't know what is influenced by my European side (late mother Helga was a German opera singer), and I don't know what's influenced by my American side (executive dad John is now CEO of Bullock's production company, Fortis Films).

It definitely is the land of possibilities, but there are other countries where there are extraordinary possibilities, too, for dreams and lifestyles and that sort of thing.

Did you have trouble not losing your place in this nonlinear story?

Yes, the hardest time I've ever had working. Films shoot out of sequence, anyway, which is nerve-racking, so everyday you're looking at the scene and going, "We're shooting at the beginning. We're shooting the middle at the end." You always have to go back and see what happened before the scene that you were shooting.

On top of having the days be out of order, the character's days are out of order. Then, on top of that, you have to get yourself to an emotional state of grief, and that's all the levels of grief every single day for 12 hours a day for three months in Shreveport, La., with no flight back home, stuck in this house, in this cocoon.

So, it was really hard for me. I'm thankful for it now, but I just didn't realize how hard a time I would have because I couldn't control it. Then, in the end, the director goes, "Oh, this is very good. This is where you're supposed to be." I wanted to slap him, but he was right. I also trusted him so much in that if I couldn't do something or if I really got lost or unraveled, I knew that he knew exactly where I needed to be at that time.

Julian (McMahon) and I were lucky that we could rely on this house, on the director, on the cinematographer and on the storyline to get us from beginning to end, but it was really, really hard, and I didn't have an easy time of it. It's probably why I didn't work for like a year after. I was like, "Whew! After that, I just need a vacation for 365 days."

Do you believe in some sort of woman's intuition?

I think there are different words you can attach to premonition: intuition, gut instinct. People are psychic, are intuitive. People have dreams and some come true. I've had friends tell me, "Don't do this." When I didn't, I regretted it; when I did listen, I was thanking whoever it was. I haven't had a specific feeling that's come true, but I've had things happen that I can't explain that sort of helped me avoid something tragic.

I do think everyone has it. They say woman's intuition is when a mother knows her child has been harmed somewhere. They say twins have it, too. How do you explain that?

How do you explain people who nowadays are hired by the government who see things, and then they go there and they find the things that the people have seen? This is something that can't be proven by science. It's always swatted down and its validity is always sort of shoved aside, but I do feel that it's existed on whatever level since time has been around.

We believe in a higher power. So, where is the scientific proof on that, but we believe it and we have faith in it. Some of us do, some of us don't.

What was it like working with Julian? Had you met him before and did you have any preconceptions about him going in?

I didn't have preconceptions. We sort of have mutual friends and I've always heard about him, plus I heard about him from "nip/tuck." I hadn't really watched that much of it, but the first time I met him at my office, I felt like I'd known him, like he reminded me of friends of mine. I do admire him a great deal, as an actor, what with "nip/tuck" and all the other things he goes out and fights to do.

He's the kind of leading man that goes back to the classic times who can do anything — comedy, drama, whatever. Women love him, men like him and he's just a good guy. I felt like we didn't have enough time, but what we had to do, we did because we wanted to get our stories straight, that our marriage was like this or that up to this point.

I felt like Julian and Mennan and I were dropped off at the top of one of those extreme sports mountains by the helicopter, and we stayed there until we got the job done, and whatever happened there happened for a very good reason.

This was shot right after Katrina, right?

Yeah, we were supposed to shoot in New Orleans. It was one of those things where the state's film community said, "Please don't leave. We need this. There are other places to shoot." My choice was New Orleans. At the beginning of the film, I said, "I don't want to be too far from home. I want to be in the middle of the United States. I love New Orleans. Let's shoot there. They have great tax incentives and I love the way it looks, the way it feels."

Then, the storm hit and we couldn't do it, but Shreveport proved to be a great place . . . and it was actually good because when we didn't have something, we had to find it where we were. Since this is not a special-effects film, it actually helped, that frustration of not having what you wanted.

Did you see New Orleans and help out at all down there?

I worked a lot with the people of New Orleans, though unless you can build and you can restructure their utility system or return their electricity or get the government to start moving more quickly, there's nothing I could really physically do. But, there is a lot I can do for the people monetarily. You just hope to God that they get that help. It's not happening quickly enough, but it's the red tape of the bigger infrastructure.

As an "A-list" actress in Hollywood . . .

Thanks for saying "A-list" (laughs).

. . . what do you want to do with your status at the box office?

I could give a (darn) about my status. My status has been knocked off the pedestal so many times (laughs). If I don't perform the way that everyone expects, your status is automatically knocked off, whether or not you like it. You can't control that. I couldn't control whether people liked me in the beginning, and I'll never be able to control whether they like me in the end.

At some point, if you're lucky, you have that great epiphany: "Hm-m-m, why don't I just do what I love and try to read as little as possible, try to get my feelings hurt as little as possible, and just do what my gut tells me is the right thing to do with the people that make me better on the projects that I want?"

Tomorrow, everything could shift. It could all go to video graphics and holograms and we're no longer a viable commodity. So, you just do your thing rather than looking externally and fighting to keep that. You'll just lose your mind if you do that.

Do you believe in fate?

Don't know. I know I can look at my life and know why certain things have happened and why I sit here today and go, "Oh, wow, that's interesting. If that hadn't happened, something that I didn't like, I wouldn't have something good on Monday."

I don't know, though. Things are going to be what they're supposed to be. If that's fate, then maybe I do, but I also feel like you have an incredible amount of control in your happiness.

I think that a lot of people wait for that to come, but it has nothing to do with it. If you're complacent and you're miserable, you really need to look at yourself. What can you do to fight and make your life the life that you want? This is it, the one life you have. Why do we let the things get to us and make our lives difficult or sad that we can actually control? Some things you can't control, but why are we not fighting for our own happiness?

As the mother of two kids in this film, do you think about having children someday?

Here's the thing: I do have children. I married into children. ("Monster Garage" host/husband Jesse James has three: Jesse Jr., 8; Chandler, 6; and Sunny, 3.) I love those children. My concern and my love for those kids as a co-parent is no less than if I had that child biologically. I don't see the difference between that and having your own child biologically.

My priorities, my love, my wants, my wishes for them, my discipline, my rules, my fun is because of my children. I have them. I'm lucky. I also wonder why you guys are always wondering what's going on in my reproductive system.

Well, because you seem to love children.

I love them enough to know that some people shouldn't have them and there are so many children in our United States that have no homes, that have no place to live, whose parents have dropped them off on the doorstep. What are we doing about that?

What are we doing about taking care of our elderly? What are we doing about taking care of those people who have gone to war and fought for us and are now in Walter Reed Hospital which has now been blown open? What are we doing?

Let's take care of what's right in our neighborhood. If everyone looked in their two-block radius and said, "I'm going to take care of this right here. I'm going to be responsible for this right here." If every neighbor did that, do you know how much more functional we would be?

So, you ask the question about babies and I know it's a fun thing to print. "When is she going to get pregnant?" Well, it might happen and it might not. But, I'm the luckiest woman sitting in this room because of the children that I have in my life. I would not change that, and I would not want it to go backward or forward, and whatever happened I hope would be a blessing to them because I'm already blessed. I'm already there.

What brought you back to work?

This story. This script and the fact that they were willing to wait. I said, "Are you willing to wait until the next year because I just want to be — well I just want to be married for a year." They said, "Fine, we'll wait," and they did, which was nice.

What's going on with your production company?

We're getting ready to put together a comedy.

Who's in it?

You know what? I'm not going to talk about it because all the deals aren't signed and as soon as I bring it up to you, it'll fall apart.

Do you have a favorite of all the movies you have done so far?

I don't. I think they're all personal. I have no idea because, if you pick one, you're leaving out something else. Then, I'll go home and I'll go, "No, it's that one."

What are you wearing?

I haven't the slightest idea. My jeans, my boots, I have no idea who it is. T-shirt? Just say a gray, draping T-shirt.

CITAZIONE
Bullock's benevolence is not lost on McMahon

Julian McMahon, perhaps known best to film fans as Dr. Doom in "Fantastic Four," plays dead-again, live-again hubby to Sandra Bullock in "Premonition." A legitimate TV player as lead cad of cable FX's "nip/tuck," McMahon has nothing but grand things to say about his movie co-star.

"Sandy is an extraordinary person, beyond what we all see and beyond what the public persona is and all that stuff," he says. "She is just really amazing. "We spent two or three weeks together before the movie, just talking about life and love and hope and lust and people and things. We learned a lot about each other very quickly. By the time we started shooting, I felt like we knew each other quite instantly.
"On top of that," McMahon added, "while we were (filming) in Shreveport, La., right after Hurricane Katrina, here's this woman, who really doesn't have to, doing everything she could to help people who had no more homes, no more identity, no clothing, no nothing. She's just a very beautiful person."

— John Urbancich

Sun News

Nella prima intervista Julian dice che ama rappresentare i personaggi un pò dark e fuori dal comune perchè hanno qualcosa di straordinario piuttosto dei tipi normali.
Poi fà il paragone tra l'esperienza televisiva e quella cinematografica.....Nip/Tuck lo coinvolge molto anche perchè è molto impegnativo, si lavora sette giorni su sette e si fanno passare 10 o 12 pagine di dialogo al giorno. I tempi del cinema invece sono molto diversi, nei Fantastici Quattro si fanno poche righe di dialogo al giorno e su Premonition una pagina o al massimo due. Entrambe le esperienze sono divertenti ma sono piuttosto diverse.
Poi parla molto bene di Sandra e, alla domanda "quali sentimenti speri di suscitare nel pubblico dopo aver visto Premonition?" Julian risponde "smettere di guardare lontanto ma soffermarsi su quello che stà proprio davanti a noi e, se possibile, prendersi un momento per apprezzare quello che abbiamo, perchè è molto importante"
E' veramente bella questa ultima frase di Julian. :) :wub:

Sandra parla della prima volta in cui ha incontrato Julian e dice che è come se lo avesse sempre conosciuto :D . E poi aggiunge un bellissima frase:

CITAZIONE
He's the kind of leading man that goes back to the classic times who can do anything — comedy, drama, whatever. Women love him, men like him and he's just a good guy.

:wub:

Che sarebbe più o meno: Lui è il tipo di uomo dei tempi classici che può fare tutto- commedia, dramma e qualunque altra cosa. Le donne lo amano e gli uomini lo apprezzano, lui è semplicente un bravo ragazzo :clap:

Infine Julian dice che Sandra è una persona straordinaria...hanno passato insieme due o tre settimane prima dell'inizio delle riprese e hanno parlato di tutto ( di vita, amore, speranza, lussuria, persone e cose varie). Hanno imparato a conoscersi molto rapidamente e quando sono iniziate le riprese sentiva che si conoscevano all'istante. :)

naranja
view post Posted on 11/3/2007, 10:21

CITAZIONE (lovecole @ 10/3/2007, 16:29)
Poi parla molto bene di Sandra e, alla domanda "quali sentimenti speri di suscitare nel pubblico dopo aver visto Premonition?" Julian risponde "smettere di guardare lontanto ma soffermarsi su quello che stà proprio davanti a noi e, se possibile, prendersi un momento per apprezzare quello che abbiamo, perchè è molto importante"

Quoto, è bellissima e profondamente vera, spesso lo capiamo quando è tardi...
E' molto bello il messaggio che il film trasmette, spero solo che vada a finir bene per il nostro Jim :unsure:

Quello che dice sulle differenze dei tempi tra film e telefilm vuol dire che un attore può fare piu di un film, mentre se è impegnato con un telefilm difficilmente riesce ad occuparsi di altro. Quindi per almeno due anni Julian potrà fare altri film o un altro telefilm solo da gennaio a maggio, perchè da giugno a dicembre è occupato con le riprese di Nip/Tuck.

Grazie lovecole per i tuoi riassunti :hug:

lovecole
view post Posted on 11/3/2007, 18:43

Dal forum americano questo è un trafiletto postato da sjcjdm in cui Julian parla della scena sotto la doccia con Sandra e ...del marito di Sandra che potrebbe non essere molto contento. :lol:

CITAZIONE
CMAHON TOO SCARED TO `SNEAK A PEEK' AT BARE BULLOCK

Australian actor JULIAN MCMAHON kept eye contact with PREMONITION co-star SANDRA BULLOCK during a naked shower scene in the film because he didn't want to have to answer to her husband - for sneaking a peek. MCMahon admits he was the envy of many friends when they learned he'd be baring all with Bullock, but he didn't dare make a move to capture the actress in all her glory. He says, "Have you seen her husband, JESSE JAMES? He's kind of a big dude. You would not take a peek."

10/03/2007 01:44

Per intenderci questa è la scena: :wub:

view post Posted on 11/3/2007, 21:34

Half Demon Girl

Group:
Administrator

Grazie Lovecole :hug:
Stando così le cose, il tempo per i film ci sarà sempre, più difficile per un nuovo telefilm...
La frase su Premonition è bella, e ricordo che una cosa simile era stata detta anche in una delle recensioni al film :)

Come sarebbe che Julian parlava di lussuria con Sandra... allora la scena sotto la doccia non è l'unica cosa che potrebbe non far molto contento il marito :B):

website  Top
Yulianna
view post Posted on 12/3/2007, 20:40

CITAZIONE (Cole my love @ 11/3/2007, 21:34)
Come sarebbe che Julian parlava di lussuria con Sandra... allora la scena sotto la doccia non è l'unica cosa che potrebbe non far molto contento il marito :B):

:laugh: :laugh:

grazie per le interviste ragazze, speriamo di vederne presto anche sulle riviste italiane :ok:

view post Posted on 13/3/2007, 08:46

Half Demon Girl

Group:
Administrator

Ecco altre due interviste :)

CITAZIONE
Julian McMahon discusses Premonition, hurricane Katrina and Sandra Bullock

Judah Issa

What would you do if your life got tangled in a time warp and you discovered you might lose a loved one? What if you could prevent it? For Linda Hanson (Sandra Bullock), the central character in Premonition, the answer is a frantic, mind-twisting journey to save her family and her life from utter devastation.

Based on an original screenplay by Bill Kelly and directed by Turkish-German filmmaker Mennan Yapo, the intense psychological thriller exposes the tragic complacency that settles in the course of a couple's everyday life. Julian McMahon (Nip/Tuck, The Fantastic Four), stars opposite Bullock as the unsuspecting husband puzzled by his wife's strange behavior.

"Jim and Linda have gotten to a place that's very stale in their lives," explains McMahon. "Their relationship is so mundane, so consistent and boring. Then one morning, [Linda] gets a knock at the door and finds out her husband got killed in a car crash. Throughout the week, her days are all out of order, and she spends her time trying to prevent the occurrence."

While Linda's world is disintegrating, Jim's life is progressing in sequence. The result is an exciting roller-coaster ride where the lines between dream and reality are blurred and the only certainty is the emotional thread binding the couple together. The movie forces audiences to re-examine their own lives and pose questions that shake the very foundation of their daily grind. According to McMahon, that is the key premise of Premonition. "If you can walk away from it and appreciate what you have, I think that's the important message of this movie."

With a European director and cinematographer (Torsten Lippstock), the movie acquires new depth and mystery frequently lacking in mainstream Hollywood thrillers.

"Yapo did a movie called Soundless in Germany, about a hit man who falls in love and hardly says a word in the whole movie," says McMahon, describing the nuances of European moviemaking. "But the love story develops [in such a way that] you can't help but side with this guy. A hit man for God's sake!"

An equal attention to subtlety and detail prompted the actor to start with the small things in preparation for this role. The fashion-conscious McMahon, a former model, requested special alterations to his suits to better showcase Jim's character. "The way that I prepared initially was through wardrobe and hair. Once you look the part you start fitting it a little bit," McMahon explains. "Jim's just a normal guy with a middle American family and middle American values."

The filming in Louisiana forcibly brought those values to mind as the cast and crew came to grips with the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. Originally scheduled to shoot in New Orleans, the set was moved to Shreveport when the former location was submerged under water.

"It was an incredible time in terms of seeing a place that was so devastated and the support that was coming from inside the state," reveals McMahon. "The stoic, resilient mentality of the people that I've worked with who had lost their homes, and the beautiful willingness to re-grow and rebuild was pretty extraordinary."

Despite the challenges and the sobering atmosphere, shooting the movie was not entirely devoid of humour.

"Mennan [Yapo], Torsten [Lippstock] and Sandy [Bullock] all spoke fluent German, so there was a lot of 'Was ist das' and 'Flieven lavens' being thrown around consistently," McMahon jokes. "I have no idea what that meant," he adds with mock seriousness. "But it seemed pretty important to them!" n

Premonition comes out March 16. Watch for veteran Canadian actress Kate Nelligan in the role of Linda's mother.

Mcgilltribune

CITAZIONE
Julian McMahon Talks About "Premonition"
From Rebecca Murray,

Julian McMahon Discusses "Premonition" and Working with Sandra Bullock
Julian McMahon's spent a good deal of his career involved in television projects. Roles in Charmed, Profiler and the critically acclaimed series Nip/Tuck have kept him so busy he hasn't had much time for feature films. He did manage to squeeze in both Fantastic Four movies while working on Nip/Tuck and also found time for a co-starring role in the twisted thriller, Premonition, opposite Sandra Bullock.

Following the Story of Premonition: Asked if he understood the plot the first time he picked up the Premonition script, McMahon replied, “Well I don’t think, to be honest, I got it at any point and time. I still don’t think I get it, really. But I like the concept of it and I liked, more than anything else, I was kind of touched by the story of the family.

The story of the family was kind of the integral part of the movie to me, because without that you didn’t have kind of the body of the movie. You can do the psychological drama thing, you can do all that kind of stuff, you can make it look fancy and all that kind of stuff but, if you don’t have some kind of basis, some kind of reality behind it, I think you’re missing something.
SPOILER (click to view)
For me it was really more kind of about this couple, this husband and wife that hadn’t communicated for a very long period of time and really didn’t know how to communicate any more. There was this kind of void in their relationship and, at the same time, they’re taking care of two kids. One of them is doing one thing, taking care of the house and the kids, and the other one is taking care of the finances and all that kind of stuff. It was just something that I kind of felt that I could relate to and I felt was kind of very sad, you know?”

The Mood Behind the Scenes: “The mood was very variable. It depended on what was kind of going on. I had a lighter schedule than her, obviously, because she’s in kind of every frame of the movie, right? So she was there everyday, all day, so I had to be a little kind of careful, just because I’d be out playing golf, sampling the local cuisine or whatever. You know what I mean? I’d come in and go, ‘Hey, there’s this fantastic restaurant down here!’ (Laughing) They’d be like, ‘Get out of here!’

You’ve got to be a little sensitive to the fact that she’s going through what she’s going through. So sometimes it would be a little…it was tense. Sometimes it was tense when the two of us were on set. We had pretty intense scenes. That scene that kind of got cut down to a pretty small scene—but that scene where I’m cleaning up the glass was an intense scene and the mood was bad. It was bad all night long. It was so bad that we didn’t even get the scene right we don’t think. We went back and re-shot it because we didn’t feel like we got it. Everyone was so angry and the scene was a lot longer and a lot more kind of intense or whatever. Then like the first scene in the movie was like the first scene we actually shot, and that was just kind of a giddy kind of scene, you know what I mean? That was fun. We were just laughing around and having a good time - plus it was our first day of shooting.”

It wasn’t always intense. “No, not at all. But it’s a pretty intense movie and it’s a pretty intense role,” explained McMahon. “We had that house, me and Sandy and the two kids, and it just felt like this little family we had. It was just weird, you know what I mean? I felt like we had to say a lot without actually doing and saying a lot. That void that I was talking about before, that kind of had to be there no matter what, so you have to be able to play that. It does create a certain mood. It’s not like her shooting one of her fun movies. It’s a little different.”

Working with Producer/Actress Sandra Bullock: McMahon confessed to being a fan of Bullock’s work for years and years. “I’ve admired her work from a distance for a long time and like other actors that I’ve admired, I'd love to have had the opportunity to work with her and I got this opportunity. This was a great movie for me because it’s a little different. I’ve been working on television for a long time and it’s also different from Fantastic Four stuff and whatever else.

We went down there three weeks early and we just hashed out everything. Me, the director, Sandy, the writer, all just sat around the table and talked for three weeks about what we thought was the way to deal with this movie. What were our thoughts and feelings about it, what we thought about our characters, each other’s characters and so everything just got laid out on the table. And so I really got to work with her in a very kind of deep and thoughtful way. We would go in and do scenes and me and Mennan [Yapo] and Sandy would sit around and talk for an hour and a half. The crew would go off and eat and do whatever they wanted to. We would talk for an hour and half or two hours about what we thought the scene was about. We got that luxury. Mennan gave us that luxury. Then Sandy and I would consistently talk about things. Whenever we thought about something, we’d call each other or just talk about it or whatever.

We both do what we do because love it. It’s kind of one of the most important things in your life, aside from your children, your family and your really good friends. So to work with somebody like that, in that kind of capacity, is really kind of getting to know them in a very significant way. Then on top of that she’s just an absolutely extraordinary person.”

movies.about.com

(grazie a Cindy_Cupido)

website  Top
naranja
view post Posted on 13/3/2007, 22:19

Grazie per le interviste, che lavorone che fate :clap:

Certo che sono sempre più lunghe :rossore: comunque mi è piaciuta questa parte...

CITAZIONE
While Linda's world is disintegrating, Jim's life is progressing in sequence. The result is an exciting roller-coaster ride where the lines between dream and reality are blurred and the only certainty is the emotional thread binding the couple together. The movie forces audiences to re-examine their own lives and pose questions that shake the very foundation of their daily grind. According to McMahon, that is the key premise of Premonition. "If you can walk away from it and appreciate what you have, I think that's the important message of this movie."

frances77
view post Posted on 14/3/2007, 22:06

non vi dico quant è figo...l ho visto!

nell intervista!

accipippi
view post Posted on 15/3/2007, 16:01

CITAZIONE (Cole my love @ 11/3/2007, 21:34)
Grazie Lovecole :hug:
Stando così le cose, il tempo per i film ci sarà sempre, più difficile per un nuovo telefilm...
La frase su Premonition è bella, e ricordo che una cosa simile era stata detta anche in una delle recensioni al film :)

la parola lussuria e' balzata subito anche ai miei occhi :o:

Nella prima intervista Julian dice che ama rappresentare i personaggi un pò dark e fuori dal comune perchè hanno qualcosa di straordinario piuttosto dei tipi normali.
Poi fà il paragone tra l'esperienza televisiva e quella cinematografica.....Nip/Tuck lo coinvolge molto anche perchè è molto impegnativo, si lavora sette giorni su sette e si fanno passare 10 o 12 pagine di dialogo al giorno. I tempi del cinema invece sono molto diversi, nei Fantastici Quattro si fanno poche righe di dialogo al giorno e su Premonition una pagina o al massimo due. Entrambe le esperienze sono divertenti ma sono piuttosto diverse.

sono d'accordo e' un bellissimo pensiero :wub:

Che sarebbe più o meno: Lui è il tipo di uomo dei tempi classici che può fare tutto- commedia, dramma e qualunque altra cosa. Le donne lo amano e gli uomini lo apprezzano, lui è semplicente un bravo ragazzo :clap:

Sono perfettamente d'accordo con Sandra aggiungerei pero' al bravo anche l'aggettivo meraviglioso :wub:

view post Posted on 22/3/2007, 00:29

Half Demon Girl

Group:
Administrator

Altre 3 interviste, rimpinguiamo questo topic :P

Da Star Tribune

CITAZIONE
'Premonition' was chance to try something new

"Nip/Tuck" star Julian McMahon plays the sometimes-alive, sometimes-dead spouse.
By Jeff Strickler, Star Tribune
Last update: March 15, 2007 – 4:44 PM

Like many actors, Julian McMahon is drawn to types of projects he hasn't done before. The problem for this jack-of-all-genres is that he's running out of new areas to explore.Name something and chances are McMahon, who costars with Sandra Bullock in "Premonition," has done it. TV series? His resume includes a regular role on "Charmed," a featured role on "Profiler" and a starring role on "Nip/Tuck." Soap opera? He spent two years in the cast of "Another World." Big-budget movie? This summer he's reprising his role as Dr. Doom in the "Fantastic Four" sequel. Low-budget indie production? He's got one of those, "Prisoner," slated for release this year.
"I liked that 'Premonition' is a psychological drama, and I hadn't done one of those," he said.
Actually, the movie is classified as a thriller, but he said he had to approach it from a different angle. He plays Bullock's husband, Jim, who may or may not have been killed in a car crash that may or may not have been a dream.
"Jim is a part of his wife's normal world," he said. "I realize that the thriller aspects are there, but for me it's much more of a character study."
The husband and wife have drifted apart physically and emotionally. "I thought that part was interesting," he said. "Here we have two people who have been together for 10 years but have not spoken to each other, really, for six years. The most important things in her life are the kids, but he sees his side of the deal as taking care of the finances. I think that's something that the audience can relate to."
McMahon likes to find a physical portal into his character. In this case, he made a special request of the wardrobe department.
"All of his suits are a little shorter than they should be," he said of Jim. "They're nice suits because he has to dress well for work [as a car salesman]. But I liked the idea of him buying the suits because he needs to, not because he's into a certain look."
One scene that he couldn't relate to involves Jim eating breakfast while watching a stock car race on TV. It's just a quick, throwaway shot, but it was foreign to McMahon, a native of Australia.
"I've never done NASCAR for breakfast," he admitted. "I think the filmmakers picked [racing] because they liked the sound. And the noise was kind of cool, but it was still one of those scenes that I just had to do and then move on."
Jeff Strickler • 612-673-7392 • [email protected]

Da The North Texas Daily

CITAZIONE
'Premonition' star talks with Daily

Audra Glover

Issue date: 3/16/07 Section: ARTS

Julian McMahon has proven himself to be an adaptable performer, capturing both TV audiences in the highly controversial television series "Nip/Tuck" and action movie fans with the box office hit "Fantastic Four." In his latest movie, "Premonition," he plays an average guy with a wife and kids - a stretch from his usual role. Recently, the Daily had the opportunity to interview McMahon about his experience making "Premonition."

What's the transition from TV to film like and which do you enjoy more?
"They're both fun. I love performing and I love working with different people and I love the whole business really, so I'm just happy to be there."
I thought you and Sandra had a lot of chemistry on screen. What did you do to develop that for the film?
"Absolutely nothing. It just comes or it doesn't, you know? I feel like I have chemistry with anything. Then you got somebody like Sandy and two personalities that just kind of play off each other and I think that that's where the chemistry comes from. It can't be manufactured."
How would you react if your wife told you she had a dream that you died?
"After seeing the movie, I'd probably stop what I was doing and ask her what happens and sit down and talk for a few days. Their [Linda and Jim Hanson's] relationship is so mundane and so consistent and so boring. They're bored with themselves, they're bored with each other. That's the irony of the whole thing, the despondency of the film is you should have listened. But if they had been at a different place in their relationship with each other and with themselves, it wouldn't have happened that way."

(grazie a Kicki)

Da The Harward Crimson
CITAZIONE
Julian McMahon’s ‘Skewed’ World

Star of “Charmed” and “Nip/Tuck” reveals details of new film, “Premonition”

Published On Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:53 PM

By ALINA MOGILYANSKAYA

Julian McMahon, an actor widely known for his dark and racy roles, is embarking on an uncharted course: the one traveled by the regular American Joe.

After gaining fame in the United States by playing such parts as the fierce demon Cole Turner on the television show “Charmed” and the smoldering Dr. Christian Troy on “Nip/Tuck,” the native Aussie’s new film, “Premonition,” finds him in a surprisingly tame role.

MIDDLE OF THE ROAD

Although “Premonition” is meant to be a psychological thriller, McMahon’s character—Jim Hanson—is anything but a thriller of a man. A caring husband and loving father of two charming daughters, Jim embodies—as McMahon describes in a phone interview with the Crimson—a “middle-American mainstream lifestyle.”

“Premonition” tells the story of a family’s picture-perfect life, until the day Linda Hanson (Sandra Bullock) drops her daughters off at school and comes home to find her husband has been killed in a car crash.

Even more shocking, she wakes up the next morning to discover him safe and sound.

Eventually, she comes to realize that the days of her week are out of order, and so begins a tumultuous race to save her husband’s life.

“You have to make sure you’re wearing the right outfit or you’re in the right frame of mind,” says McMahon of the “tricky” shooting schedule.

Other challenges made the role appealing—namely, the “very engaging and very sensitive script,” the potential of working with up-and-coming director Mennan Yapo, and the chance to play opposite Bullock, whom he affectionately terms “Sandy,” McMahon says.

A ROAD AWAY FROM SEX?

McMahon says “Premonition” breaks new ground for him.

“Everybody’s seen me as this ‘Nip/Tuck’ guy for the last four years, but I just wanted to play something different,” he says.“I remember getting it and thinking, ‘God, I can’t believe they would consider me for this role, because it just so is not what is out there of me.’”

After all, McMahon spent 48 episodes as a warlock on “Charmed,” and is nothing if not a slick ladies’ man on “Nip/Tuck,” which has thus far kept him occupied for 59 episodes.

“It’s a very mature show, and I wouldn’t be showing it to anybody under the age of 18, maybe even 21,” says the actor of the racy FX series.

Despite the show’s reputation, he clarifies that “Nip/Tuck” cannot show “frontal nudity, some certain side nudity, [and] the only word[s] we’re allowed to say on that show is ‘****’ and a couple blasphemous-type words.”

Still, he notes, “having constraints gives you different ideas about things...it gives you a way to work differently.”

NEVER FEAR, FANS

McMahon’s stint with “Nip/Tuck” is certain to last at least another two years. Although production time on each episode is an alarmingly short seven days (as opposed to the standard 10-14) and the work is “consistently draining,” the role is one McMahon fought hard to get.

“The medium of TV can get a little boring sometimes,” he says. Nevertheless, he is eager to start shooting again in June, when the show will move to Los Angeles.

“It’ll be like doing a new show with the same people,” he says.

McMahon sees similarities between Jim Hanson and Dr. Troy, as well.

“I’m always attracted to something that’s a little skewed, a little off, sometimes extremely off,” he says.

How viewers will respond to McMahon’s unusual choice of role is yet to be seen.

Regardless, his other two films in the works this year promise to keep the actor’s fan base satisfied.

He will return to the screen as the villainous Victor Von Doom in the sequel “Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer” in June, and he will star in the independent horror flick, “Prisoner” later this year.

(grazie sjcjdm)

website  Top
accipippi
view post Posted on 22/3/2007, 10:38

Sono contenta perche' tra i film in uscita mettono sempre Prisoner, e questo fa' ben sperare per la diffusione del film :roll:

CITAZIONE (Cole my love @ 22/3/2007, 00:29)
Altre 3 interviste, rimpinguiamo questo topic :P

"All of his suits are a little shorter than they should be," he said of Jim. "They're nice suits because he has to dress well for work [as a car salesman]. But I liked the idea of him buying the suits because he needs to, not because he's into a certain look."

Effettivamente un ruolo completamente diverso, all'opposto di quello di Christian :)

Yulianna
view post Posted on 22/3/2007, 14:49

di christian ne basta uno :lol:

lovecole
view post Posted on 24/3/2007, 02:32

Piccola curiosità da un articolo su Premonition (uno dei tantissimi :blink: ).....

La bimba che ha sostituito la piccola Shyann in alcune scene si chiama Madison. :D

CITAZIONE
Local girl doubles in 'Premonition' By WARREN ARCENEAUX
AMERICAN PRESS

Seven-year-old Sulphur native Madison Fuselier worked on the filming of the movie "Premonition" last year, serving as the photo double for Shyann McClure, who appears in the movie as Megan, the youngest daughter of Sandra Bullock's character.
The movie was filmed in Shreveport in February 2006. When the casting company for the movie contacted Shreveport-area talent agencies looking for someone who could stand in for McClure, Fuselier got the call.
SPECIAL TO THE AMERICAN PRESS
Madison Fuselier, left, and actress Shyann McClure on the set of "Premonition." The movie is now on screen at United Artists 10 and Cinemark 14.
"Her talent agency, Michael Turney agency, received a call, looked through their records, and Madison matched up well with Shyann; they were about the same size," said Denise Hollingsworth, Fuselier's mother.
Madison said she had fun on the set, particularly when she got to go on camera.
"It was fun. I went up and hugged the dad, then walked into the school and came out," she said. "We would go play in Shyann's trailer. I had a good time being there."
Madison and older sister Morgan signed with the Turney agency after impressing them at a convention for agents last year.
"They went to a convention in South Carolina in January to meet with agents from all over the world," said Hollingsworth. They had to do runway modeling, sitcom acting and commercials. From that, the Osbrink Agency of California called and asked if we could move out there before they started shooting all the pilots. We have seven children so that was not an option. They liked Madison because she was older and smarter, but smaller, so she could play younger roles, down to a 4-year-old." Fuselier was on stand-by most of the time she was on set. "The kids can only work so many hours per day, so when McClure's time was up, they used Madison for scenes in which the character was in the background," Hollingsworth said.
"There was a lot of sitting in the trailer, from noon until 4:30, waiting for them to tell us if they would need Madison. Most of the time they did not and we had to drive back home, but they did film her a couple of times. In one scene she was playing hopscotch, in another she hugged the dad, played by Julian McMahon. He was really nice. He told Madison he had a 6-year-old daughter with the same name and talked with her for a while."
Fuselier got a taste of the star treatment.

"She had her own trailer and did makeup and wardrobe with all of the stars," Hollingsworth said. "She really wanted to meet Sandra Bullock but never had the chance."
Fuselier and McClure hit it off. "Madison got to play with McClure, who was also in Welch's juice commercials," Hollingsworth said. "They would go to her trailer and in the trailer they set up to have school for the kids. Bullock bought toys for them, too."
The family had to deal with a tragedy while the filming was going on.
"We filmed Feb. 6 and Feb. 8. On the day in between, our cousin Kinsey Golden-Roden was killed in a car accident," Hollingsworth said. "It turns out the movie centers around Bullock's character having a car accident in which McMahon's character is killed."
Despite all of the waiting and not getting the chance to chat with Bullock, Hollingsworth said the experience was a good one.
"It was fun just to be on the set and see how everything is done," she said. "We have not seen the movie yet and are not even sure they used Madison, but she had a good time and it was a good experience for her."

(grazie a Kicki) :fiori:

Ecco la foto delle bimbe:

Americanpress.it

sissy1974
view post Posted on 24/3/2007, 10:18

...e qui un'altra intervista dal "comics2film....Premonition e altro :ok:

Exclusive Interview : Julian McMahon

Aussie Julian McMahon is having the time of his life, from the hit TV series 'Nip/Tuck' to the new 'Fantastic Four', and now in the twist-and-turn romantic thriller Premonition, opposite Sandra Bullock. It seems that even though he missed out on 007, McMahon is a hot property in tinsel town. He talked exclusively to Paul Fischer.

So when you’re looking for something outside of Nip/Tuck what was it about 'Premonition' that drew your attention?
Well the first thing that drew my attention was that Sandra Bullock was doing it. And then I read the script and I was interested in the script and then I saw director Mennan Yapo’s first movie, a German film which I thought that was pretty extraordinary.

What are the challenges of getting into a character like this and trying to make him a little bit more interesting than I would imagine would have been on the initial page?
Well I think it depends on what you find out in the scripts, you know what I mean? And what kind of appeals to you in the script and I remember reading the script and feeling quite emotional and kind of touched by the whole story, you know what I mean? I wasn’t kind of prepared for that, particularly when they said to me, it’s a psychological thriller or whatever. So for me it was about really, it pertained to family, it pertained to relationships and it pertained to, you know, miscommunication, the inability to communicate and, you know, love and hope and loss and fear always evokes feelings, and so it actually became a lot larger than just this guy that it was on the page, the character’s kind of love story between these two people who haven’t communicated for a number of years and really were both very lost.

Would you find it easy to identify with him?
I could definitely identify with him. I mean not in exactly the same kind of circumstances, but definitely.

In what sense? What was your connection with him do you think?
Well I found myself in places sometimes and I could be, personally or professionally, where things have been going along for two years and you stop and go ‘How the hell did I get here’, you know and ‘Who is this person that I’m with or working with or whatever’ you know, or ‘Why did I make this choice’ or ‘I made this choice and I thought it was going to be one thing and now it’s not’ and I haven’t really spoken up about it for a long period of time and, you know, I think we’ve all done that kind of stuff in some periods in our lives.

Is doing a film like that a release for you? I mean you’ve got two very distinctive movies coming out this year, so is it kind of a release for you to sort of go from a special effects laden big blockbuster movie to something more intimate and character driven as this one is?
Oh yeah, absolutely. I mean, the Fantastic Four movie, we all know what it is. It’s about the comic book. It’s about the graphics and about those big kind of action sequence things. And that’s kind of a bigger role in the movie, you know what I mean? And so this kind of movie, the Premonition type movie is much more intimate and personal and thoughtful. They were both fun to do, but it’s definitely fun and exciting to get a break from one and do the other.

When you were growing up the son of a politician and all of that kind of stuff in Sydney, did you ever imagine that this is where you would end up in your life?
God no. At that period of time? No way. I couldn’t imagine this would be where I would end up until, you know – I didn’t even want it to be this way until ten years ago. The concept of where I am now is so far from my mind when I was a kid that I never could have conceived this.

What kind of aspirations did you have when you were a kid?
Julian: I was just a kid. I had aspirations to, you know, play rugby, be an army cadet and date girls and hang out with my buddies. You know, I didn’t grow up one of these kids who was like, ‘I want to be a scientist’ or ‘I want to be a …’ I had my childish things of like wanting to be like, I wanted to in the army at some point in time or to be a fireman. Those kind of things. But those are kind of immature and ridiculous.

You’ve been away from Australia for a while. Do you still feel Australian? Is there anything particularly Australian that is still within you?
I think my soul is Australian. I don’t think you can ever take that away. I mean, you can be away from the country that you’re born in and raised in for a long time but still you’re soul is well grounded in that kind of culture and that kind of place I think. I feel like I’m Australian on the inside and American on the outside or something. I would never want to leave it behind either. I love Australians, Australianisms, I love my part of being Australian. I love where I grew up and how I grew up and, you know, I wouldn’t change it for the world.

Did you expect 'Nip/Tuck' to be what it is going into it?
No, I didn’t really expect it. I thought it had the possibility to and I definitely thought that it was a great piece but I didn’t know that it was going to be what it became. I didn’t know that people would like it. I knew that I liked it and I knew that I was certainly attracted to the character and I was attracted to the whole piece. I would have done anything in that piece.

Has Troy grown do you think during the last several seasons?
Oh God I hope so. You’d hope that he’s grown but at the same time I would like to maintain that original part of the character that he always was.

How much longer do you anticipate the show going on for? What would your ideal timeline be?
You know I’m not really too sure about that. I have two more years left on my contract and I would have to evaluate things then but, I don’t know. I mean it’s certainly a great character to play and it’s a great show to be part of.

What about Fantastic Four? How much of that character is the same as he was in the original and how different do you see the sequel being?
How different do I see the sequel being? Well firstly the character is just, you know, in the first movie it was all about setting up the characters, you know, and kind of evolving the relationships between the people and where the powers were given to all of them and all that kind of stuff and this movie kind of picks up at the end of the last one. And that is, you’ve got the Fantastic Four who have realised that they have these kind of super powers and try to lead normal lives at the same time and then you’ve got Dr Doom who’s been kind of locked up in a casket and shipped to Latveria and he’s pretty pissed off. So that’s kind of where the movie starts and then it kind of continues on that vein.

Is it fun being the bad guy?
Yeah it’s fun.

Are you signed up for a third one or do you think this is basically Dr Doom’s swansong now?
I have another one in my contract, also applicable to the fact of whether they think it works or whether they want him back and all that kind of stuff so it just depends on how this next movie goes I guess. My contract is a little bit different to everybody else’s in the fact that my third one is I get to do Fantastic Four or just another movie for Fox. So time will tell and we’ll see what happens with that one.

And what else is going on? You’re about to start shooting the next season in a couple of months, right?
Yeah, when is it? June. We start June.

Right, so beyond that, what plans do you have. What else is going on beyond Nip/Tuck? Do you have any idea yet?
No, you know what? I’ve taken the last few months off. I finished Fantastic Four a couple of days before Christmas and have just taken off since then just because I needed a break because I hadn’t had one for a long time. And I literally don’t even know what’s out there. So I’m just going to get back into things in the next few weeks, once I’ve finished the publicity for Premonition and see if there’s anything I want to do before I go back.

And finally, any major aspirations that you have beyond acting?
Not at this point in time I think. I’m just enjoying what I’m doing.

Yulianna
view post Posted on 24/3/2007, 15:01

grazie sissy ^_^
da quello che dice, anche se forse predilige interpretare ruoli più forti, ama spaziare nei tipi di personaggi, e allora... non vi pare che gli manchi un personaggio brillante tipo commedia? :D

33 replies since 10/3/2007, 16:29   1954 views