JULIAN MCMAHON ITALIAN FORUM

English Topic, Let's speak in english

« Older   Newer »
lovecole
view post Posted on 31/12/2012, 02:38

Hi guys! :D

Colemy and I have been thinking about this topic for a while and now it's finally born. Here we can speak in english and talk about everything related to english language.

We can discuss about whatever we want, it's only required that everyone here writes in english, never mind if we don't speak well or if we make mistakes, our purpose is to make fun and, why not, improve our english. :occhio:

I suggest to begin with a little story that we can invent. I start a story and then you can go on with whatever it comes to mind. For example I can say:

CITAZIONE
Once upon a time there was an island. It was sunny and hot, with nice, white sand. It used to be very solitary but that day.........

It doesn't matter if we say something crazy like "the aliens landed on the island", because anything can happen in the story. :lol: You can continue with only one phrase or more and add characters to the story, real or imaginary, for example you might have a romance with Julian. :occhio: (but it's strictly forbidden to introduce "la badante" in the story!! Just kidding! :D ).

To make things easier we can continue the story using the "quote" button, so we can separate the story from the rest of the discussion or use a different colour, what do you think about it?

So, have fun with english!! ^_^

view post Posted on 1/1/2013, 22:32

Half Demon Girl

Group:
Administrator

Oh! I'm a bit nervous to write here, because my english language is bad and I help me with translator when I have difficulty. :red:
For this reason you do not hesitate to get noticed the errors that i will, at least this topic will help me to correct my english, but not considered in any case this topic as a kind of lesson, because it is not.

I have tried in the past to watch series tv or a Julian's movie with english subtitles, but I have too difficulty so... :muro:

CITAZIONE (lovecole @ 31/12/2012, 02:38) 
Once upon a time there was an island. It was sunny and hot, with nice, white sand. It used to be very solitary but that day.........

Here someone has watched too much "Lost" :P

CITAZIONE
... the climate change suddenly, and a strong hurricane felled the palms on the beach ... in the distance on the sea were floated some wrecks and one heard a sharp cry...

website  Top
lovecole
view post Posted on 3/1/2013, 01:59

Colemy, you have to be more confident, there's nothing bad about your english :snort: It's not important to speak a perfect english and if we make some mistakes who cares!! :D
Anyway I agree with you about getting errors noticed (is this phrase correct? :rossore: ), let me know when I say something strange, it could be helpful. :)
So, if you don't mind there's a couple of things that I would change in your post :fiuu: .....when you say "For this reason you do not hesitate" I think that you could skip "you" and simply say "for this reason do not hesitate".....than "errors that i will", maybe you missed the verb "the errors that I will do"......Hope I haven't said something wrong. :rossore:

Now go back to our story :P , maybe we shouldn't use to quote botton, because it can be confusing with "real" quotes, let's try with a color?

CITAZIONE (Cole my love @ 1/1/2013, 22:32)
Here someone has watched too much "Lost" :P

I don't know who are you talking about? :laugh:

I continue with orange color.

...it came from the inland, near the coconuts wood, it was terrifying. The people on the beach started running away and screaming..... when, unexpectedly, they realized it was only Grace, the hurricane threw a coconut on her head and she cried........at the same time the wrecks came near the shore.......

I introduced a character: Grace. :P

accipippi
view post Posted on 7/1/2013, 09:20

CITAZIONE (lovecole @ 3/1/2013, 01:59) 

...it came from the inland, near the coconuts wood, it was terrifying. The people on the beach started running away and screaming..... when, unexpectedly, they realized it was only Grace, the hurricane threw a coconut on her head and she cried........at the same time the wrecks came near the shore.......

I introduced a character: Grace. :P

CITAZIONE
Grace realized that someone was attached to the wreck, but he could not tell who he was

Yulianna
view post Posted on 24/1/2013, 14:17

ah nice!!!

the face of a man comes out from behind the wreck ... his forehead was bleeding... he cried: "help!

lovecole
view post Posted on 30/1/2013, 11:41

He was a very good looking man, as a matter af fact his face was familiar to Grace.......but she couldn't come close to him because she didn't know how to swim, so she threw him a life buoy....

Life buoy = salvagente

Yulianna
view post Posted on 5/4/2013, 13:01

after all this time he is still in the water!! :lol:

The man grabbed the life buoy and he clung to it, but fainted before reaching the shore

lovecole
view post Posted on 7/4/2013, 22:52

CITAZIONE (Yulianna @ 5/4/2013, 14:01)
after all this time he is still in the water!! :lol:

:lol:

Meanwhile a group of people arrived to the shore, a very athletic man threw himself into the water and saved the good looking man. He was still unconsciuos and Grace suggested to take him in the shadow ..........After a few minutes under a palm tree we woke up, he was very thirsty and asked for a pineapple juice. Unfortunately nobody had pineapple juice, they offered him an iced tea but he said that he didn't like it and refused it......

view post Posted on 4/5/2013, 22:27

Half Demon Girl

Group:
Administrator

Grace thought : He is half dead and has these claims!!
She asks: What is your name?
The man replied: 'I don't remember ... I just fog in my head, I don't know... why I'm here ?

website  Top
lovecole
view post Posted on 20/5/2013, 15:56

The man is very confused. Grace suggested him to check his pocket, trying to find something that can help him. The man put his hand in his pocket and found a parking ticket and a colorful necklace. Grace said: "how cute is your necklace!, do you remember it?" The man answered: "Yes, I bought it for a very special person......but I don't know who she is."

view post Posted on 9/6/2013, 11:03

Half Demon Girl

Group:
Administrator

Grace proposed a provisional name in order not to define him "the man" and she choosed Robinson.
She told him that if he remembered that event, would soon also remembered the girl and himself.
Meanwhile the sun set and everything around became the darkest

website  Top
lovecole
view post Posted on 21/6/2013, 23:14

Grace said that it was better to find a safe place for the night. Robinson got up quickly and started to search for wood to set up a fire. After the fire was big enough to cook something he asked Grace if they had something to eat. She answered "Sure, I have something very special to cook on a fire!". Robinson, with a smile on his face said "Very good, I'm so hungry! Then Grace grab a bag and took something from the inside, it was a lot of marshmallows!! So they all put marshmallows on the fire and ate them.....

view post Posted on 28/7/2013, 01:29

Half Demon Girl

Group:
Administrator

They were tired and went to sleep trying not be impressed by the alternation between total silence and small noises and creaks, it seemed that something moved around them and then suddenly were silent when they looked in that direction. Was disturbing.

website  Top
lovecole
view post Posted on 4/8/2013, 22:37

Robinson woke up suddenly for the noise and got up. He wanted to protect Grace and the other people. The noise and the creeks became intolerable, but all at once everything stopped! The silence was even worse and scary than the noise......

13 replies since 31/12/2012, 02:38   128 views